News:

Welcome to the Chironomid Exchange Forum! Use this resource to discuss midge matters with the world-wide community of researchers, and to stay up-to-date on important data, e.g. in standard reference publications.
Please report to moderators any spammers or attempts to use this forum for purposes other than the exchange of scientific information related to the science of Chironomidae or entomology. Thank you!
Ethan and Martin - Moderators

Main Menu

Diamesa

Started by bruno.rossaro@unimi.it, April 19, 2014, 03:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bruno.rossaro@unimi.it

;) I am reviewing the information about morphology of larvae belonging to the genus Diamesa, aiming to prepare a key to larvae,
at least for the West Palaearctic species.
Using the Chironomid Bibliography I see that there are few recent contributions to the matter, while there are many old papers.
I have many questions.
I begin with:
1- in the labrum of D. veletensis is seta SIII simple (Casas & Langton 2001) ? It is bifid in all the related species.
2- is the seta submenti in  Diamesa sp. A (sensu Schmid) in caudal position relative to the ventromental plate as in the dampfi group (Schmid, 1993) ?
In two slides in my collection (Ferrarese & Rossaro 1981) it is not caudal; is Diamesa sp. A (sensu Ferrarese & Rossaro) another species ?
3- is the "halbkreisfoermige Platte" (medial semicircular plate) in D. steinboecki (Wuelker 1959) a valid character to separate D. steinboecki from other species ?
I have seen something similar also in D. tonsa.

Larval samples of Diamesa are well accepted, especially if some association with pupae and/or adults is known.

Djuradj Milosevic

Dear Professor Rosaro.

I got a new project regarding mountain brooks of Blakan Peninsula. We will start with field work from next month. I hope that I will find a lot of specimens of Diamesa in my samples. Also I have some Diamesa specimens from South Morava river basin. I can send you if you are interested in.

Best regards
Djuradj

bruno.rossaro@unimi.it

Dear Djuradj,
obviously I am interested in samples, even of common species;
beside the examination of new species it is important to be able to evaluate the within species variations;
at present my material is from Italian Alps above all
good Easter
Bruno

Djuradj

Dear Professor Rossaro,

Ok, great,

First, I will send my samples from South Morava river by mail. Please send me your address of institution where I can send the tubes with specimens.

All the best

Djuradj  8)

bruno.rossaro@unimi.it

my postal address is:
prof. Bruno Rossaro
Univ. degli Studi di Milano
Dept. DeFENS
via Celoria 2
I 20133 Milano Italia

thank you very much
nice to see you in August Congress

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
In what Meigen 1800 family name is Orthocladius?:
What organization voided Meigen 1800 names?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview