News:

Welcome to the Chironomid Exchange Forum! Use this resource to discuss midge matters with the world-wide community of researchers, and to stay up-to-date on important data, e.g. in standard reference publications.
Please report to moderators any spammers or attempts to use this forum for purposes other than the exchange of scientific information related to the science of Chironomidae or entomology. Thank you!
Ethan and Martin - Moderators

Main Menu

Forum News

Started by Ethan Bright, August 27, 2022, 08:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethan Bright

Dear Colleagues,
I have migrated the Chironomid Home Page and, with it, the Chironomid Exchange Forum, to a new plan with the host company in order to not only save money, but also cover operation for the next 4 years. Remember, this is a service on my part to our community, as the whole site is not hosted on a free university web server like it was a while ago at the University of Michigan.
I have attempted to assure all files were successfully migrated. However, if you notice any operating problems with both this Forum and the Chironomid Home Page, please let me know by either posting here or sending me an email to ethanbr at umich dot edu.
I hope you are surviving well your climate change exacerbated seasons.
Cheers, Ethan
Forum Administrator, Moderator
Webmaster - The Chironomid Home Page

Ethan Bright

Dear Colleagues,
You will now notice the forum's appearance and function has changed. Previously operating under version 2.0.x, which is no longer supported by SMF programmers, it is running under the new version 2.1.x. There are a number of changes, particularly under the hood, which you can read about in this link: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=580585.0.
You may have to re-log into the forum with your passwords, but because I was able to do this without any problems, you shouldn't either. But please let me know if you have problems, and I (theoretically) should be able to send you a password reset email.

[Admin edit]
I've been notified of "attachment errors" during running the error log due to forum not locating the perquisite directory, however, that directory exists. If you notice any errors with finding attachments to messages, please let me know.
Cheers, Ethan
Forum Administrator, Moderator
Webmaster - The Chironomid Home Page

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What family name are non-biting midges?:
What organization voided Meigen 1800 names?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview