Please contact the webmaster on how YOU can contribute and make an impact on our research! Below are links to events and meetings, newsletters, important publications, research web sites and other recent items of interest to the Chironomid community over the last year. If you know of something that would interest the chironomid researcher, please let the webmaster know about it so that it can be included.
- Your webmaster wishes all of you continued good health and spirits during this currrent crisis. Please feel free to let me know of any news that you'd like posted to these pages.
- Update on The 21st International Symposium on Chironomidae in Tsukuba, Japan: The organizing committee wishes to welcome the whole community of chironomid researchers to Tsukuba under safer and the best possible conditions. For this reason, the organizing committee decided to postpone the symposium to summer 2022. As many colleagues agreed, a physical meeting will yield more fruitful exchanges in our field rather than an online symposium. This is also one point that motivated our decision to postpone the 21st International Symposium on Chironomidae to 2022. As soon as the new dates for the Symposium are fixed, we will make a new announcements in the Chironomus Journal, on the Chironomid Home Page and in the Chironomidae list server (email@example.com). (edited Dec 2020)
- Claus Orendt has announced the publication of a new work (preview) on larval Orthocladiinae senso lato: Claus Orendt, Thomas Bendt (2021): Orthocladiinae sensu lato. Orthocladiinae, Prodiamesinae, Diamesinae, Buchonomyiinae, Telmatogetoninae, Podonominae (Diptera: Chironomidae). Keys to Central European larvae with respect to macroscopic characters. - DGL Tools (DGL-Arbeitshilfen) No. 1/2021. - Edited by the German Limnological Society (DGL), Essen, 144 p. (added Dec 2020)
- A new midge research project is beginning in Klamath Falls, Oregon, USA (added September 2020).
- Masaru Yamamoto informs us that Dr. Tadashi Kobayashi passed away on 10 January 2020, aged 88. (added March 2020)
- Pre-2019 announcements, broken links (mostly) removed.
Page last edited: December 16, 2020 (EB)