Please contact the webmaster on how YOU can contribute and make an impact on our research! Below are links to events and meetings, newsletters, important publications, research web sites and other recent items of interest to the Chironomid community over the last year. If you know of something that would interest the chironomid researcher, please let the webmaster know about it so that it can be included.
- Your webmaster wishes all of you continued good health and spirits during this currrent crisis. Please feel free to let me know of any news that you'd like posted to these pages.
- A new midge research project is beginning in Klamath Falls, Oregon, USA (added September 2020).
- The 21st International Symposium on Chironomidae will be held in Tsukuba, Japan. The tentative symposium date will be 04-10 July 2021. (It is scheduled one year later to avoid conflict with the Summer Olympic Games of Tokyo in 2020). This period usually coincides with the end of the rainy season, but before the hottest heatwave of Japanese summer. Tsukuba is a science city located at 1 hour from Tokyo-Narita international airport and about 2 hours from Tokyo-Haneda international airport, by bus. (edited April 2020)
- Masaru Yamamoto informs us that Dr. Tadashi Kobayashi passed away on 10 January 2020, aged 88. (added March 2020)
- Pre-2019 announcements, broken links (mostly) removed.
Page last edited: September 14, 2020 (EB)